In the Commonwealth of Virginia, there are legal limits for the blood concentrations of drugs and alcohol. These are calculated based on the type of license you have as well as your age.
If you are pulled over and breath tested for DUI, you can be arrested for the following blood alcohol concentrations:
- Over the age of 21: 0.08 percent or higher
- Under the age of 21: 0.02 percent or higher
- Commercial driver who maintains a commercial driver’s license: 0.04 percent or higher
If you’re pulled over and issued a blood test for DUI, you can be arrested for the following blood concentrations of the following substances:
- Cocaine: 0.02 milligrams of cocaine or more per liter of blood
- Methamphetamine (crystal meth): 0.1 milligrams or more per liter of blood
- Phencyclidine (PCP): 0.01 milligrams per liter or more of blood
- 3,4-methylenedioxymethamphetamine (ecstasy): 0.1 milligrams or more per liter of blood
Virginia courts handle DUIs very seriously. If you’ve been charged or are facing conviction, you deserve the finest representation available. Call Virginia DUI attorney Michelle Derrico today for a free, initial consult regarding your potential case.
Call a Roanoke DUI Lawyer Today
If you’ve been charged with a DWI / DUI in Virginia, the experienced Roanoke criminal defense attorneys at Copenhaver, Ellett & Derrico can help evaluate the details of your case and your options. For an appointment, call us at (540) 343-9349.