If you ever have the misfortune of being charged with a crime in Virginia, you will suddenly find yourself facing a battle with a formidable legal system that sometimes has the goal of administering punishment rather than finding the truth or the appropriate level of justice. You may feel all alone in this fight to preserve your freedom or reputation, but all is not lost. To protect your rights and increase the chances of clearing your good name or achieving a favorable result, it is critical that you hire highly-skilled and veteran Roanoke criminal defense attorneys like those with Roanoke Criminal Attorneys.
Choosing the right attorney for you or a loved one’s case can be an intimidating task, one that may need to be handled quickly. An effective criminal defense attorney will listen to your side of the story, clearly answer your questions, and stand beside you every step of the way through Virginia’s harsh criminal law process.
A few of the issues that may arise as you consider hiring your defense include:
- Circuit Court – These are Virginia’s trial courts with jurisdiction over various civil and criminal matters. If you are charged with a crime and a grand jury issues an indictment, the next step is trial, which is heard and tried in circuit court.
- Cost of Hiring a Lawyer – Hiring a lawyer may seem like a financial burden, but not hiring one can be even more costly. A capable attorney will work to achieve the best possible resolution for your case.
- The Criminal Court System – When you are faced with criminal charges, it’s important to know how your case will move through the Virginia court system.
- Criminal Defenses in Virginia – With any criminal charge, you will be provided the opportunity to raise a defense. Learn some of the defense strategies your Roanoke criminal defense attorney may utilize to achieve a desirable result.
- Criminal Defense FAQs – When you’re accused of a crime, it’s natural to have a lot of questions. Learn the answers to some common questions about Virginia law and criminal procedures.
- Criminal Offense Levels and Penalties – Virginia groups crimes into categories based on the severity of each offense. It is important to learn what you are up against as you prepare an effective defense.
- Federal Sentencing Guidelines– If you are charged with a federal crime, the potential penalties can be drasticaly heightened by strict criteria and you should seek the assistance of a criminal defense attorney with significant experience litigating in federal court
- Virginia Sentencing Guidelines– To ensure offenders who commit similar crimes receive comparable sentences, official standards were created. To understand how you sentence may be influenced, it is important to discuss these factors with an experienced Virginia defense attorney.
- Criminal Traffic & DUI Attorneys – Learn the importance of hiring a defense attorney with considerable experience handling cases similar to your particular charges.
- General District Court – We can provide an explanation about how traffic violations, some misdemeanor offenses, and civil cases for less than $4,500 move through these lower level courts.
- How to Choose Your Lawyer - Here’s an overview of what you should consider when making the important decision to hire a criminal defense lawyer to represent your interests.
- Innocent Unless Proven Guilty - You have rights in the criminal process. The prosecution has the burden of proving any allegations for charges levied against you.
Call Our Roanoke Criminal Defense Attorneys Right Away
Being charged with a crime in Virginia is a very trying and frightening experience. After all, your career, reputation, and your freedom could be in jeopardy. At Roanoke Criminal Attorneys, our knowledgeable and capable Roanoke criminal defense attorneys are dedicated to protecting your rights and providing our clients passionate legal representation. No matter the charge, we will portray your case in the best possible light and will stand with you as we strive to find the best possible outcome.
Call us today at (540) 343-9349 for a free and confidential consultation to discuss your case.